So it's been about two weeks since I've posted on here. I know, I know..I've been slacking. Mostly I've just been so bummed about my camera! Yep...*sniff* I lost our camera..or rather left it on the bus we were on. It's pretty sad since I had so many pictures of when we went to the Jordan River and the Dead Sea last week. Daniel went back to the bus and checked a few days after and he couldn't find anything after the bus driver confirmed he hadn't found anything or had anything turn up. Thankfully it wasn't a $700 camera or anything but we definitely valued it. The good thing though is that I had already downloaded all of the pictures from when we first got to Jordan until this past weekend so we have those. Daniel and I plan on going back to at least the Jordan River before we leave to get pictures. There is one picture on facebook that someone from the group took of us as someone else was taking our picture so that's nice :)
I'll talk a little about our trip this past Saturday. First, we went to the Jordan River, which is the baptismal site of Christ, and it was such a special experience. I can't fully describe how I felt knowing I was in a place that the Savior had been and walked. The Jordan River is definitely not the same today as it was back then. It is not very big and frankly it is very dirty. I did stick my toes in though which was pretty fun :) It was a beautiful day and even though we don't have the pictures saved I will never forget my experience there.
After visiting the Jordan River we went to the Dead Sea which was pretty fun! The place we went to was a nice resort with a huge pool overlooking the Dead Sea. Daniel and I got in our swimsuits then "floated" in the Dead Sea. It was such a weird feeling! It took me a while to touch the bottom,even though it was really shallow, and I kept wobbling around everywhere. Daniel thought he was super cool and brought a book in the water and floated while reading. It was funny though I have to admit. Even though it was such a neat experience it's definitely one of those experiences I can honestly say I would probably just do once. Even though I hadn't shaved for like a week before (gross, I know but they told us not to because of all the salt) it still stung! One of the cool things though is that you could see the salt crystals on the rocks. It was very beautiful! We then hopped into the pool, swam to our hearts content, then had lunch at their very nice restaurant. Needless to say we had a very nice day and trip!
Daniel is still very busy with classes and the mountains of homework that he has everyday but I can honestly say (and I think he would too) that he loves it. He has a love for Arabic that I don't completely understand but that I admire. I believe that in the short month that we've been here that we have both grown in ways I didn't know we would. Last night Daniel came down with a bug of some sort and poor thing was sick all day today. He received a blessing later from his friends that just confirmed to me again that there is a reason that we are here a part from school. It was such a sweet tender mercy from the Lord and I'm so grateful for the Priesthood that truly reaches all over the world.
So Daniel and I are still alive and well and I promise to not let two weeks go by again without an update! You guys are great and honestly help Daniel and I with so much that we are doing in life it's a blessing! So thank you! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment