Tuesday, August 27, 2013

South Carolina!

So this is my first time blogging and I have to admit I'm a little nervous! I'm already bad at writing in my journal but maybe this could be my journal in a way for a while. The biggest reason I decided to start blogging is because I wanted to keep my friends and family updated with what is going on in my life and there are in fact some fun and exciting things happening! Daniel and I are in Amman, Jordan for his study abroad for the next 4 months and we wanted to remember all the details and definitely let our family and friends know what is happening.

This blog will have to start in increments though because there is one thing I did do before arriving in Jordan which was I went home to South Carolina to visit family and friends. Before I went home it was a year before I had seen anyone since the wedding.  I left last Tuesday and stayed three days until I left Saturday to meet up with Daniel to travel to Jordan (interesting experience but that's for later!). I got in pretty late on Tuesday and pretty much went to bed immediately, which worked out great since the rest of my family was pretty tired too. The next day my Mom, Makenzie, Ryan, Brooklyn and I went to Isle of Palms Beach and then to Charleston to hang out for the day. It was pretty much the only thing I wanted to do when I got home since I love Charleston so much.

 On our way to Charleston!


Ryan picked up this jellyfish saying he didn't know what it was and got stung. Poor thing!

Ryan and I at a pizza place for lunch.

One of the many beautiful houses near the battery in Charleston.

Rainbow Road



I thought this was pretty cool..the moon basically looked like it was sitting on top of the ocean!

My mom, sister and I having lunch at Olive Garden.

On Thursday I took my mom out with Makenzie to Olive Garden since her birthday was coming up. It was a lot of fun and it was just nice to be able to spend time with the both of them. Later that night we all went to see Man of Steel together. This is something that I had been looking forward to doing with my dad since we would always watch the tv show Lois and Clark together when I was a kid. 

Friday was my last day home and I spent it running errands and spending time with family. Coming home was something that I had been looking forward to for a long time and I'm glad I got to see everyone before I left! As far as Jordan goes it has definitely been an adventure so far with a lot of "opportunities" as my grandad likes to say! My next entry will cover our first week in Jordan. So more to come!

2 comments:

  1. First of all, this blog is darling! Love the fun designs, layout, and everything! Two, you look fantastic! Three, YAY! I'm so excited for you guys! I can't believe the trip is already here! I hope you guys have the best time and I can't wait to read about your adventures :) And see the pants you picked out! haha Also, I got your letter in the mail the other day! Thank you so much for it :) And I'll email you back soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog, and I look forward to seeing future updates.

    ReplyDelete